Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's Time.

The time has come for me to step into the unknown. (Cue Sara Bareilles' song Uncharted. lol)

I know I'm being dramatic, but I don't care. lol Sometimes some drama is called for. I'm loving myself and who I am. I'm going to let the real me completely out of her cage, trusting that those who truly love me will only love me more, and that if things and people don't stick around I will make it through that as well. I'm choosing to see the beauty in myself, choosing to see the confidence, choosing to believe in them.

Sometimes bad things happen, things you don't want or don't like. Sometimes we're stuck in situations that seem unfair, or situations where we wish we could just hide our heads in the sand until they pass us over. I'm refusing to think like that. Not anymore. This girl is going to change hearts, one day at a time. Problems don't go away by ignoring them and hoping they will. You have to face them head on, with truth and love and confidence, and work your way through them no matter how painful, no matter how bad they might make you feel. Only then will things start to get better, start to heal. If you run away, you only leave the wound open to keep getting infected and keep dragging you down. You have to close it off so that it can heal.

I really don't like feeling useless, and having to stand by and watch while others I love are struggling and in pain. Yet I know that the most I can do for them is to love them, be honest with them, and let them know that no matter the outcome of their situation, I'm not going anywhere. I stand by those I love. I have always tried to do this, though in the past I've fallen short. I get up and do better next time. And I hope to encourage others to do the same, to pick themselves up from their mistakes and try again, to heal the past mistakes and do their best not to repeat them. Hope is possible - recovery is possible. A new life is possible. You simply have to be open to seeing it, and going for it. Believe in yourself.

"What do you mean, if I can?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." -Mark 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment