Monday, May 23, 2011

Deja Vu...the good kind

Today I want to talk about Jon. :) A few things keep running through my mind, and I really want to share them with you all. So I am! :)

Let's start with Saturday. Such an interesting day. We went out to scout for a new apartment...didn't look at the one I'd written down since it didn't seem to be in the best place, but we got some names of complexes that looked like we'd want to stay there, so I'll be checking out stats on those this week. :) As much as I'm not looking forward to a long commute again and all the traffic...I can't wait to be able to see my man most every night of the week instead of only Fri-Sun. And I'm going to be closer to my girls Megan and Jeri, which I'm hoping means more fun times with them!

We also did a little scouting for a mini fun photo shoot I've got coming up with my girl Steph and her new man Jason. He's got a Cap'n Sparrow outfit, and we're going to have some fun with some photos. :) I'm excited, so I'm going to have to work hard to keep my nerves from getting in my way and screwing me up! lol I've got the general ideas forming and just found out I'll have an extra week to prepare, so hopefully it'll all go smoothly and we'll get some seriously fun pictures from it. :)

We then got the new Playstation Move Heroes game, which I'd swear was meant for me. lol The main characters you can play as are 3 duos from 3 of my favorite games - Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper (and Bentley), and Jak and Daxter! It's just a little party type game, where you play through different levels to get the gold medal and such - but it's been really fun so far. :) And now we have a game we can play together!

Then we come to the funny part of Saturday lol...we'd turned the oven on to preheat for a pizza, then went to lay down so I could give Jon a back massage. (Side note: my man has been doing so well with working out and taking care of himself! He's pushing hard, which makes him super sore on his off days lol, but he's doing so well - very proud girlfriend right here.) He's developing some new muscles in his back, and so he'd been saying all day how bad it hurt - back massage seemed like the right choice! lol So then, of course, he asks me for a happy ending lol! And so we start messing around a little, until...smoke detectors go off!! What the?? lol We turn around and yep, the living room sure looks smokey...Jon runs into the kitchen and we realize that there was a tray in the oven with some oil on it that we didn't realize had been left in there, and the oil had burned. So no fire, thank goodness...just lots of smoke! So there we are, me with a bath towel and Jon with the pizza box, waving smoke away from the detectors and out the windows we'd just opened lol....it was like a scene from a comedy. We couldn't stop laughing. :) It was definitely time for pizza instead of messing around! lol

Which brings me to the other thing I've been wanting to write about...moments like the smoke detectors going off. Are there moments in your life where you feel like you're living a movie? Or even better, feel like you're living a daydream you had once? More and more often lately, I've been getting this deja vu feeling with Jon. And I freaking love it. :) Picture perfect moments...times when I suddenly feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world, and I'm with my perfect man. I know it sounds totally cheesy and overly girlish, maybe. But it's so very true. These moments seem to come to me more often when we're fooling around some...something in the way he touches me and looks at me just makes me feel like I'm living a dream. Like I'm living through a moment that I'd almost swear I've been through before, in another life, or a dream life. Like somehow my random little fantasies throughout my life of my perfect dream man are starting to slowly yet surely come into my real life. :) I tell ya, it's sort of surreal sometimes! But I freaking love it. :)

Well, I guess this is all I feel like sharing for now. I have a different vision for how my blog will look and feel someday...but the time to really do it the way I'd like isn't here just yet. My work has given me the go ahead to take on some more responsibility...which I'm actually pretty excited for because it's very much needed and makes me feel like I'm really contributing and not simply a phone answerer/place holder. However, with no computer or internet at home right now, I've only got so many hours in a day that I can do work and personal things on a computer. It's frustrating to no end...but I know it'll get better eventually. Somehow we'll be able to work out a computer we can use...I've got an old laptop from a friend but it doesn't work just yet, and I'm not sure when Jon'll have the time to spend on it to get it working...work might be able to help but maybe not until the end of the summer...so it's going to be a long few months where I can't fit in everything I want to do in the timeline I'd like to do it. But that won't stop me from trying. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment