Saturday, February 5, 2011

Rambling Thoughts on a Saturday...

Hi friends. :)  How've you been?  I hope you've all been able to stay warm through this crazy weather we've been having!

I wanted to share a few thoughts I've had rolling around in my head lately, simply in the interest of being open.  Today just feels like a good day to share. :)  I'll do my best to keep it all in some sort of recognizable order! lol

Let me start with what's fresh right now - I read a blog today by Donald Miller, about knowing your likes and dislikes.  He mentioned the idea of thinking over the past year and making an actual list of what you did and didn't enjoy over the past year.  It really gives you a good idea of what helps to feed your soul and keep you happy, and what you're doing that you really don't need to mess with.  So I decided to try this out, best that I can with my scatterbrained memory. :)  And I realized something as well.  I'm already doing a lot of the things I truly enjoy.  I'm improving my photography, finding niches that I really enjoy shooting and learning how to progress my skills.  I've gotten to spend time with the most adorable niece and nephew in the entire world.  I've also gotten to enjoy and celebrate the lives of some truly wonderful friends, and celebrated some holidays with them as well.  I enjoy our times relaxing, celebrating, playing games, goofing off, and just being ourselves over at someone's place most of all.  There's just nothing like feeling like you truly belong with some people, knowing that no matter what you might do you'll never be without friends.  :)

But I also realized that basically all of my dislikes for the year were ways that I felt because of certain incidents.  I noticed that most of what I didn't like was feeling guilty for not noticing something, or feeling like I have to prove myself to be noticed.  (And hey, look at that - I mentioned 2 ways of being noticed in 1 sentence - obviously something else I must have an issue with. lol)  So this is obviously an area that I need to work on...because the way that I feel is simply that - my feelings.  They don't have to rule my decisions or take over my life.  They can be changed. I can be changed to see situations differently, which I've already started to do.   The only person who has the power to make me feel a certain way should be myself, and all too often I give that power to others.  So there's something else for me to work on this year. lol

I know that I'm a good person.  I know my heart, know my intentions.  But I also know that I'm not always the best at showing them or following through on them, be it something for others or something for myself.  And this is an area I intend to improve as well.

But everything takes time.  I'm thinking again of a blog from Donald Miller, which I'm currently trying to put into action.  I know so many of the goals that I want for myself, of where I want to go with my life and things and ideas that I want to live.  So my goal for now is to write all of that out, to really honestly decide what I want to be, where I want to go, what can stay and what shouldn't.  I have no doubt that some of the ideas I have of myself won't ever truly be me, and I'm okay with that.  But until I make myself write them all out and see it all on paper, I don't force myself to accept it.

Then, once I know the goals I want for myself, I need to set actions that I can do to get there.  Because as the blog mentions, the work is what gets you there.  The goal is just the idea.  Without the actual work, it never gets accomplished.  And I truly want to accomplish things with my life.  So I've got to get to work, while still giving myself the time I need to relax and be okay with exactly where I am now.  Not complicated at all, right? lol :)

I'm just a simple, happy girl searching for compassion, understanding, knowledge, and truth.  Accepting and loving where I am right now, while working towards a better future.

And I think that's where this will end. lol :)  I really do appreciate any of you who actually read my nonsensical ramblings. :)  I like to fancy myself a writer...but I know I have trouble staying clear and on point! lol  Hopefully there's some solid thoughts in there somewhere though. :)  Have a wonderful weekend, dear ones!  Let me know how you're doing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment